Nicholson Construction are proud to announce we have commenced works on the new Surf Coast Stadium in Torquay!
The construction will consist of an extension to and alterations of the existing Surf Coast Secondary Basketball Stadium. The Stadium site is located as part of Surf Coast Secondary College, the existing building features two courts. The building will be extended and altered to provide an additional three courts, associated infrastructure, and external works.
The three indoor sports courts will be built to netball standards and a spectator area with seating for 300 and temporary seating for 500 will be constructed.
Other facilities that will be built in the Stadium are;
- Control and Operation Room
- Storage, Cleaning and Plant Room
- Foyer, reception, merchandise area and break out spaces
- Offices and administration
- Multi-purpose meeting and training room
- Café and lounge
- Staff room
- First Aid room
- 2 unisex change rooms and additional accessible toilet and shower
- Public toilets for patrons
- Referees and competition control room, with accessible amenities
- Pedestrian traffic works, carparking and landscaping
See some progress photos below