Nicholson Construction completed the Fire Station for the rapidly growing area of Lucas and Ballarat West in 2019.
Located in the Ballarat West emergency services hub, the CFA station includes modern facilities such as;
- A four bay station
- Firefighter bedrooms
- Training and meeting rooms
- Spaces for preparing for and recovering from incidents
- Truck maintenance space
- Drying room for large equipment
- Yard for drills and truck set ups
- Locker areas and staff amenities
- Kitchens and Lounge areas
- Administration areas
The entire station is wired to ensure all staff will be alerted should a call come in.
The station will be equipped with 32 career firefighters and emergency management tools including a HAZMAT truck, a new heavy pumper fire truck and equipment for emergency medical responses.