The Ballarat GovHub will be home to up to 1000 Victorian Government employees, including up to 600 public sector positions relocated from Melbourne, helping to revitalise a major part of the Ballarat CBD, generate long-term jobs growth, increase business confidence and further private sector investment.
Kane Nicholson Joint Venture (KNJV) has now completed excavation – digging through six metres of solid rock over the past 12 months and preparing the site for construction – starting with the pouring of concrete of the basement levels. The team have also been busy meeting with local businesses and the community who were invited to attend a meet and greet in August to find out more about the construction, ask questions and meet the project partners delivering the GovHub.
In September, students and teaching staff from the Federation University TAFE Construction department took part in a guided tour of the site to understand the works taking place and learn about the compliance requirements to deliver a project of this scale in Regional Victoria.
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE COMING MONTHS:
- Construction of the timber structure which began in
- Ongoing installation of the lift shafts and steel roof framing.
- Introduction of artwork along Mair Street to enhance the
site and viewing panel.
- Installation of the facade panels.
- Continued truck movements in and out of the site from
Armstrong Street North, which is closed northbound
between Mair Street and Market Street.
- Construction will continue to take place between 7.00am – 8.00pm Monday to Friday and 7.00am-3.30pm on Saturday, with no noisy works occurring before 9.00am on Saturday.
- These works will generate medium levels of nose on site. All works on site are subject to strict controls in accordance with construction regulations.
- From time to time, certain unavoidable activities may have to be undertaken between 3.30pm – 8.00pm on Saturdays which may generate noise. These works are in accordance with noise controls and will be limited as much as possible.
Read the full update here https://www.rdv.vic.gov.au/grants-and-programs/victorian-govhubs/ballarat-govhub